Hi, firstly thank you for visiting my blog! I am open to review requests and promise to post honest, fair reviews of books and Tarot Decks I have purchased, borrowed or received as an ARC or review copies. I am not paid for reviews I just love books and Tarot, my opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.
Books, Cards and my blog are a passion, I read and review for enjoyment around working my day job.
Please read the following information explaining my reading preferences, book review information, ratings, and requests.
To Publishers and Authors for Tarot Deck Reviews:
I have no specifics for Tarot Decks, I love all decks, RWS based or otherwise. If you are a publisher or deck creator and would like to promote your deck please contact me on the below email with a few details about the deck.
I will provide a full review of the deck on the Blog will provide links to where people can purchase your deck, along with your website, social media and any other links you would like included, this will be shared across all of my social media platforms.
To Publishers and Authors for Book Reviews:
Thank you for your interest in requesting me to read and review your book, I read dark fiction which can cross over into many genres, I will accept requests for the following;
- Thriller, Mystery & Crime
- Supernatural & Occult
- Science fiction (Apocalyptic & Post-Apocalyptic Genetic Engineering/Pandemic)
- Fairy Tales, Folk Tales, Legend & Mythology
- Fantasy (not all sub-genres but will be considered)
What won’t be considered:
- Mushy contemporary
- Physical Copies – Preferable format and will be prioritized.
- Digital Copies – I use Kindle Paperwhite so would need Mobi files preferable
- Finished Copies
With your request please include:
- A detailed book summary
- The release date
- Any relevant information, why do you think this book would be a good fit for me or why you would like me to consider reviewing
- A time frame that you would like to have a review posted – this is an important one for me, this will have an influence on my decision based on if I can commit to your suggested time frame, sufficient lead time is appreciated (at least a month before the desired review date)
- If the book is an ARC please advise if you have a preference when you would like the review to be posted (Prior to release or on release day)
- Any other requirements/expectations you may have
If I accept your book for review:
If I accept your offer I will provide my mailing address for physical copies, digital copies can be emailed to me
If the book is a part of a series, I may need the previous books.
Please be aware I don’t guarantee a book will be read or posted on Dark Reads immediately, I have a huge list of books I want to read and have to fit this around a full-time job, I will always try my best to read and review in a timely manner.
I review ARC’s based on the publication date, books due for release later in the year will be read after books with a more recent release date. All other books will be read in the order they are received.
All reviews will be cross-posted to my Good Reads and Amazon accounts, I will also promote your book on Instagram and Twitter.
My reviews are honest and will consist of my own views, opinions and tastes, there will be occasions when a book isn’t enjoyable or to my taste and I will post a less positive review. A negative review will never be disrespectful or rude, just my honest opinion and review of the book.
I reserve the right to not finish an ARC or review copy and also not post a review if I don’t feel comfortable doing so.
Where to send your request:
Via the contact form or email me at email@example.com
I will do my best to reply to emails that fall under the guidelines for what I will accept, however this can be very time consuming, if you have not heard from me in a timely manner please assume I am respectfully declining your request.
Unfortunately I can’t accept all requests or every book that looks interesting, if I cant accept your book for review at the time of request it doesn’t mean I am not interested in hearing about other books you may offer for review in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact me.