Hi, firstly thank you for visiting my blog! I am open to review requests and promise to post honest, fair reviews of books I have purchased, borrowed or received as an ARC or review copies. I am not paid for reviews I just love books and talking about books, my opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.
Books and my blog are a passion, I read for enjoyment around working a full-time job.
Please read the following information explaining my reading preferences, book review information, ratings, and requests.
To Publishers and Authors:
Thank you for your interest in requesting me to read and review your book, I read dark fiction which can cross over into many genres, I will accept requests for the following;
- Thriller, Mystery & Crime
- Supernatural & Occult
- Science fiction (Apocalyptic & Post-Apocalyptic Genetic Engineering/Pandemic)
- Fairy Tales, Folk Tales, Legend & Mythology
- Fantasy (not all sub-genres but will be considered)
What won’t be considered:
- Mushy contemporary
- Physical Copies – Preferable format and will be prioritized.
- Digital Copies – I use Kindle Paperwhite so would need Mobi files preferable
- Finished Copies
With your request please include:
- A detailed book summery
- The release date
- Any relevant information, why do you think this book would be a good fit for me or why you would like me to consider reviewing
- A time frame that you would like to have a review posted – this is an important one for me, this will have an influence on my decision based on if I can commit to your suggested time frame, sufficient lead time is appreciated (at least a month before the desired review date)
- If the book is an ARC please advise if you have a preference when you would like the review to be posted (Prior to release or on release day)
- Any other requirements/expectations you may have
If I accept your book for review:
If I accept your offer I will provide my mailing address for physical copies, digital copies can be emailed to me
If the book is a part of a series, I may need the previous books.
Please be aware I don’t guarantee a book will be read or posted on Dark Reads immediately, I have a huge list of books I want to read and have to fit this around a full-time job, I will always try my best to read and review in a timely manner.
I review ARC’s based on the publication date, books due for release later in the year will be read after books with a more recent release date. All other books will be read in the order they are received.
All reviews will be cross-posted to my Good Reads and Amazon accounts, I will also promote your book on Instagram and Twitter.
My reviews are honest and will consist of my own views, opinions and tastes, there will be occasions when a book isn’t enjoyable or to my taste and I will post a negative review. A negative review will never be disrespectful or rude, just my honest opinion and review of the book.
I reserve the right to not finish an ARC or review copy and also not post a review if I don’t feel comfortable doing so.
Where to send your request:
I will do my best to reply to emails that fall under the guidelines for what I will accept, however this can be very time consuming, if you have not heard from me in a timely manner please assume I am respectfully declining your request.
Unfortunately I can’t accept all requests or every book that looks interesting, if I cant accept your book for review at the time of request it doesn’t mean I am not interested in hearing about other books you may offer for review in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact me.